Those who do not possess the Indonesian citizenship and want to stay and work in Indonesia need a a Temporary Residence Permit (KITAS).
A sponsorship from company that is based in Indonesia is required. The sponsor company needs to provide the copies of following documents to process KITAS :
- act of establishment
- letter of domicile
- tax identification number (NPWP)
- business license letter (SIUP)
- organization structure
- employment contract with the foreigner
- director’s identity card
- report to the labor department adapted by law no. 17, 1981
- identity card (KTP) of an Indonesian colleague who will eventually replace the foreigner
The foreigner has to provide:
- copy of passport (all pages)
- copy curriculum vitae and references
- passport sized photographs with red backgrounds (4 x 6 = 21 pcs, 3 x 4 = 8 pcs, 2 x 3 = 6 pcs)
If you take your family with you, the following are needed for processing their KITAS:
- Copies of the wife’s and children’s passport
- Copy of the marriage certificate
- Copy of the children’s birth certificates
- Passport sized photographs (4 x 6 = 12 pcs, 3 x 4 = 4 pcs, 2 x 3 = 4 pcs)
- Copy of the family register
If your application is approved you will receive a “telex visa”.
When the “telex visa” is issued you can apply for the visa at the Indonesian embassy or consulate overseas, nearest to you. You need to pay in local currencies for the visa application and the duration of the visa process in the country where you apply for the visa is depending on the embassy /consulate.
When you get your visa , you must go to Indonesia and then report to immigration within 7 days after your date of arrival.
The process can take up 30 to 45 days.
When the process is completed, you will receive the following documents :
- KITAS , limited stay permit card
- Blue Book , control book from immigration
- Yellow Book , certificate from the police
- STM , report certificate from the police
- IKTA , working permit